Associate Director of Marketing
of students who engaged with the chatbot submitted an application
of applicants from the chatbot were accepted
of chats happen outside business hours
of conversations handled 100% by the chatbot
The Purdue University Krannert School of Management has been looking to increase student enrollment. Purdue needed help:
- Engaging with Gen Z and “cuspers” in a customer-preferred interface.
- Opening a new, interactive communications channel with a growing global audience of prospective students, managed by a small internal team.
The Krannert School implemented an AtlasRTX web-based chatbot on all their Master’s degree-related pages. Their chatbot:
- Converts more prospective students into applicants through 24/7/365, automated, guided conversations.
- Helps users find information faster with context awareness. The chatbot knows which program page the user is on, and asks the user what they’d like to know about that particular program.
- Collects contact information for follow-up by the Purdue University admissions staff.
Since launching their chatbot in 2019, the Krannert School of Management has seen incredible engagement with the bot. For 2020 YTD, 1 in 5 prospective students who engaged with the chatbot submitted an application, and of those applications, over half were accepted; proving a higher quality of applicants being captured by the chatbot.
Thanks to their chatbot, the Krannert School of Management has been able to scale recruiting efforts without increasing staff and allowing their small team to focus on high value tasks instead of answering repetitive questions.